The Briarbrook Brookside Morgan’s Grant Community Association (BMGCA)
We are a group of volunteers from Kanata North neighborhoods and our mission is to invite our community to connect, share, and discuss what’s happening in the neighbourhoods. The BMGCA invites residents to get involved in their community by joining the association.
• To provide a forum for discussion of issues, and as far as possible, to reach consensus in the best interests of the community.
• To facilitate communication and co-operation between residents and local government, established community groups, and businesses, in order to support community goals and community well-being.
• To inform residents and businesses within the BMGCA about community issues and activities.
• To encourage residents and businesses within the BMGCA to initiate projects that may improve the physical and social environment of our community.
• To encourage the participation of local businesses, residents, and organizations, in community activities.
• Rink maintenance, including the new rink at Sandhill Park
• Graffiti removal
• Annual events such as the Christmas lights contest, winter family fun day, community-wide garage sale and multicultural summer festival
• General meetings and communications to air pressing community issues
• Advocacy for traffic improvements
• Monitoring and providing community feedback on new developments including retail and city projects such as park improvements and the new Kanata North Recreation Centre
• Community greening and tree planting projects
• Spring and fall clean-ups.
The BMGCA is a registered non-profit corporation (#5020148) in Ontario. See our BMGCA By-laws here: BMGCA By-laws 2019